• To acquire a position with the potential for advancement, where I can utilize my knowledge and experience. An extensive customer service experience of 15 years, communication skills and languages, give me the ability to work well with others, both in a supervisory or support staff roles.
• I am accustomed to working in a fast paced environment, and successfully handle difficult clients, with an eye for detail. I have kept accountability of components both in office, and containers, through hand receipts, and sub hand receipts.
• Fluent in English/Spanish and can speak Gulf /Arabic. Experience in creating correspondence from information given, both in English and Spanish, and data input/record keeping.
• Addressed customer inquiries, complaints, suggestions and investigated and negotiated conflicts, served as a representative and liaison, of Combat Support Associates, with Armed Forces and customers. Trained, coached, evaluated staff and led teams in assigned tasks.
• Reviewed and readied premises for Army Audits and Safety. Responsible for overseeing all aspects of customer service, opening and closing the premises, training and handling to include managerial functions if needed. Monitored vendors and coordinated the mail delivery process for Express Cargo.
• Produced a variety of materials, report spreadsheets and forms. Wrote job descriptions, and designed the work place to improve customer service and Army Safety regulations.
• Received many appreciation certificates (available on request) with a specific one for saving the army thousands of dollars for a lost cargo. Responsible for assisting customers, supervising staff and provide customer feedback to the department.
LAST JOB EXPERIENCE: FEB 2003-FEB-2011
COMBAT SUPPORT ASSOCIATES
CENTRAL RECEIVING AND SHIPPING POINT
1. Transportation Coordinator May 2006- Feb.2011
Training as Line Haul Priority 1, Transportation Coordinator, and Night Shift Lead
Air Travel Official Travel: Contributed to the QC of the Official Air travel bill, correspondent to official travel departing LSA. August 2010-Nov. 2010
Receiving, sorting and distribution of small cargo received through FEDEX, UPS, and DHL. Global and UPS Supply. CSA Ltd. reports as required. Keeping record, and telephone usage in support of customer needs. Arrange for delivery of large cargo through the CRSP. Hand Receipt holder. Securing, and investigating frustrated cargo destination, and delivery. Frustrated cargo numbers reduced from 400 per year to less than 20 per year.
Customs verification, and establish signature cards spreadsheet throughout the CRSP.
2. Cargo Specialist October 2006-May 2006
Worked in the container yard receiving components from the wash rack, and carpentry shop. Watch over the loading of containers and blocking and bracing. Working with Navy Customs for inspections. Reports as required. Safety representative for the premises.
PETROLEUM SUPPLY DEPARTMENT June 2006- October 2006
Perform fuel accountability daily and monthly reports for the main office in conjunction with all fuel points in Arifjan and Armed forces other camps within Kuwait. Daily receipts of fuel to be distributed among the fuel points. Recorded and balanced input versus output of fuel. Safety Representative for the premises, I am a Unit Safety Officer Certificate holder. Other duties and reports as required.
CENTRAL RECEIVING AND SHIPPING POINT Document Clerk Apr 2005- Jun.2006
• Perform customer service duties as front office receptionist.
• Responsible for the maintaining of multiple databases to include signature cards and GFE service intervals.
• Worked in the FEDEX department responsible for inbound packages and inventory.
• Compile and produce daily, weekly and monthly reports.
• Cross trained in Shipping and Customs area.
• Acted as Customs Clearing Agent: Visited all ports of entry for military cargo, verifying cargo coming by truck, air and containers. Also refrigerated cargo and checking the seal and location of incoming cargo.
MORAL WELFARE AND RECREATION
1. Tour Guide Sept. 2004-Apr.2005
Program, book and plan R and R trips for US military and civilian personnel.
2. Recreation Specialist July 2004-Sept 2004
Video checkout transactions and accountability. Maintained Inventory and records. Assumed Acting Lead positions and other positions within MWR as required.
3. Recreation Attendant Feb 2003-July 2004
Hand Receipt Holder. Performed and developed training for staff within the Theater and Video Checkout. Prepared schedules for Movie Theater, and Close Circuit TV within Camp Doha.